Buying British: Visit Glee Birmingham22 Aug 2017
(11th – 13th September 2017, National Exhibition Centre (NEC), Birmingham, England)
New-look show and hundreds of British exhibitors deliver even more buyer value
As demonstrated by the hundreds of international buyers who return year after year, one of the best opportunities to source quality British gardening and outdoor living suppliers is to visit the UK’s major annual garden retail trade show, Glee.
Organised by Ascential, the 43rd annual Glee exhibition takes place from Monday 11th to Wednesday 13th September 2017, at the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham. The show includes over 600 major brands and niche suppliers from across the garden, outdoor living, landscaping, home, pet and leisure sectors; 80% of whom are UK-based.
Glee Event Director, Matthew Mein, says the show is specifically designed to enable both retailers and suppliers to optimise every possible business-building opportunity. “From their first pre-planning visit to our website to their last on-stand meeting, every Glee visitor will leave having gained new ideas, new contacts and helpful business guidance,” he confirms. “Retailers who spend time visiting Glee will achieve far more than they could from weeks on the phone, out on the road – or staying on the shop floor. Glee really is time well spent.”
Reasons why Irish retailers should visit Glee 2017
- The world’s best opportunity to source British gardening products. Around 600 UK-based suppliers, including many exporters, will be showcasing their new ranges at Glee. Don’t expect to find these companies at other European gardening shows: only a handful of them exhibit outside the UK.
- Thousands of new products. Glee’s New Products display makes it easy to browse the best new product launches from across the exhibition each year. Many international buyers visit this display on arrival, to see all the award entries and winners in one place, and plan their route around the show.
- Effective use of buying time. Buyers visiting Glee will find the full spectrum of garden retail categories under one roof, including Garden Care, Landscaping & Garden Decoration; Outdoor Entertaining; Plants & Nursery; Home, Gift & Clothing; Retail Experiences; and Pet. There is also an Innovators Zone where entrepreneurs will be launching brand new ideas.
- Extra facilities for overseas buyers. Irish buyers visiting Glee 2017 can access a range of exclusive resources at Glee to make their visit even more effective. Every overseas buyer qualifies as a ‘VIP visitor’, and can access Glee’s hugely popular International Buyers Centre, hosted by Gardenex (The Federation of Garden and Leisure Manufacturers Ltd) – which exists to facilitate business between UK exporters and international buyers. Offering interpreter facilities, internet access, free refreshments, and information on both Glee and the UK gardening and leisure market, the International Buyers Centre is a friendly and efficient business environment.
- Exclusive one-to-one meetings. Overseas buyers can also take advantage of a two-hour session of International Buyer Connect meetings, held on the first day of Glee at the International Buyers Centre. Organised by Gardenex, the session enables international buyers to have short introductory meetings with a range of UK suppliers.
- Learning opportunities. As always Glee will offer visitors a free, three-day Seminar Programme organised in conjunction with the HTA (Horticultural Trades Association), which will share expert business and garden retail advice.
- A chance to see British garden retailing in action. Glee’s location in central England is within easy reach of many garden retailers, including some of the UK’s best ‘destination’ garden centres. Why not take home some extra inspiration for your own business, by making a ‘field trip’ to some of these retailers during your visit to the UK.
- Easy to reach. Located adjacent to Birmingham Airport, Birmingham International train station, and major motorway networks, Glee’s National Exhibition Centre location is easy to reach wherever in the world you are travelling from. Book your travel and accommodation early to be sure of the best deals; hotels fill up fast and travel is cheaper the sooner you book.
- Free entry; easy to register. Entry to Glee is free for all pre-registered trade visitors. To pre-register, visit www.gleebirmingham.com where useful show, exhibitor and travel information is also available. For details on exhibiting at Glee, call +44 (0)203 033 2160.