Glee Exhibitor Bulletin (15th August)04 Sep 2017
(NB: info supplied direct from exhibitors therefore may be subject to change – further info should be obtained by contacting the exhibitor directly)
- Evergreen Enterprises Leads with Quality, Innovation, and Variety
As a leading worldwide supplier of Garden Décor, Evergreen Enterprises is quickly becoming known in the UK as an innovative and dynamic vendor, offering a wide variety of quality, on-trend products.
With a customer-centric focus and an agile and creative product team, Evergreen works hard to stay focused on fulfilling their primary mission…
“To enhance life by providing exceptional home and garden décor products known for their quality, beauty, and functionality.”
Within the diverse Evergreen range, there is a product and a price point for everyone.
In the soon to be released Spring 2018 range, consumers will be “wowed” by such unique products as their new Hydro-Wind Spinners. These spinners spread water over a wide area while providing a fun “water show”. Brass fittings will ensure a lasting and efficient effect.
Our Firefly Solar Lanterns are an easy, versatile, portable alternative for those times when a light source is needed. These eco-friendly lanterns offer four different light settings, are waterproof, and can easily be charged with either solar light, or through their convenient USB connection.
See these and many more of Evergreen’s fresh, innovative, quality products by visiting their stand at Glee (19H57) , or by contacting them at:White Pebble International, Unit 2, Plot 11, Terminus Road, Chichester PO198 TX UK
- Neudorff is set to launch a range of brand new natural and innovative pest control solutions at this year’s event. The range will include products for tackling troublesome pests including chafer grubs, leatherjackets and vine weevils and will be available 'off-the-shelf’, which will be a totally unique offering for garden centres.
- Unipet International Ltd will be on stand 17P63 where they will be showcasing their new range of wild bird feeders! SingingFriend® wild bird feeders are unlike anything you’ve seen before; their unique design and innovative functionality makes for easy and attractive bird feeding! With two feeders available - the uniFeedR and the multiFeedR - along with a selection of high energy wild bird feed, this range is the perfect addition to any garden centre!
- Think Outside will be returning to Glee with a new direction for the range, which creator Aaron Jackson says is likely to surprise visitors to the show: ‘’The recycled material on the new collection is very different from the ee-i-ee-i-o recycled oil drums we are best known for. We have also changed stands this year and can be located at stand 20M50.
- Fargro are very excited to introduce our new container and baskets including our new hand finished decorative plastic containers in a variety of sizes, shapes and finishes along with our novelty range of wobblehead hanging baskets and pots.
- SolarCentre is launching its new TrueFlame Solar Torch Light at Glee, which according to Managing Director David Eaton is the most exciting product the company has ever launched: “There's a real buzz about it in the office. We've seen solar lanterns with a flicker effect, but this is in a completely different league. TrueFlame uses an LED array to produce a special lighting effect which looks and moves exactly like a real flame.
- Elho is supplying the pots and planters within the Family and Well-Being areas of the Retail Lab – a huge new visitor attraction from the Glee organisers. Elho will use this central display area in conjunction with its regular stand (19G10) to showcase its innovative grow tables, grow houses and pots.
- HJ Hall is exhibiting at Glee for the very first time – whilst also celebrating 135 years in business. The Leicestershire based family company is revealing a brand-new stand, striking new packaging, and giving away a free pair of hardwearing wool rich Commando socks to its first 50 visitors.
- Vivagreen is returning to Glee following the huge success they had at last year’s exhibition where they were awarded the GIMA Innovators’ Seed Corn Fund. The company’s successful MossOff product is featured on a larger stand in Hall 18 where visitors can discover other innovative products, including exciting new developments for 2018.
- DJ Turfcare will officially launch its RHS endorsed range of chemical-free lawn fertiliser products at the show. Made from MO Bacter, Bio-Lime and Recovery, this is the first lawn care range of its type to receive endorsement from the Royal Horticulture Society.
- Smart Garden Products is launching an astonishing 330 new SKU’s within its Smart Solar, Smart Garden, ChapelWood, Gro-Zone and Outside In product families. Not to mention the addition of an exciting and colourful new branding.
- Durston Garden Products returns to Glee with a comprehensive range of growing media, and a new National Sales & Marketing Manager, Dan Durston. Dan’s appointment has already been hailed a success following the implementation of the company’s ‘buy British’ trade marketing campaign.
- Vitax is showcasing more than just new products at this year’s Glee. Revealing a brand-new stand for 2017, visitors can view new products and also fully immerse themselves in Vitax’s vision of how its products will be displayed in garden centres in the future.
- Deco-Pak will also be focusing on displays – premiering a brand-new concept building on the theme of retail theatre, called‘garden vignettes’. The decorative aggregates specialist will also launch new products including several British themed birdhouses and feeders, stepping stones, pebbles and cobbles to further bolster retailers’ landscaping ranges.
- Burgon and Ball is launching over 70 new products this year, including an on-trend range of hanging houseplant pots, and an entire collection of garden giftware from designer Brie Harrison – ranging from gifts for gardeners such as a snips and plant label set, through to practical items like kneelers and gloves and gifts suited for use around the home such as a pencil case and drinks tray.
- Briers is showcasing a new signature range and more designs from Julie Dodsworth, as well as a fresh promotional programme that will offer an attractive sales opportunity for retailers. The expanded Kids range is on show in addition to Briers’ licensed giftware offerings including a new Pantone giftware range.
- Kelkay (stand A10 – C11 in hall 19)is launching 50 new products including a new heart shaped stepping stone as part of its natural sandstone range. Available in pallet quantities, these slot seamlessly into Kelkay’s unique flexible natural stone merchandising system.
- New from AIGLE for 2018, the EGOA collection is the perfect partner for all gardeners. Available in boots, sabotin's and clogs this range of products can be found in 3 feminine colours, all designed with the chicness that you would expect from a prestigious brand such as AIGLE.
Thanks to its upper in natural rubber, abrasion resistant outsole and adjustable elasticated gussets, this handmade product matches movement for supreme comfort, grip and durability that comes from over 160 year of heritage and master rubber craftsmanship that only AIGLE can provide.
- BURGON & BALL IS BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER AT GLEE
Burgon & Ball, the UK’s longest-established designer and manufacturer of garden tools and accessories, will be at this year’s Glee exhibition at Birmingham’s NEC to launch its biggest-ever collection of new products.
With a reputation for innovation and new product development, Burgon & Ball’s stand (19C26-E27) is a must for all show visitors, with more than 70 innovative new products being unveiled at the show – and if past performance is anything to go by, there’ll be future best-sellers on show!
In the spotlight will be a stunning new range of stylish indoor plant pots, tapping into the trend for bringing the outdoors in, for a lush, jungly look. Houseplants are making style headlines, and with these pots available in a choice of colours, finishes and sizes, there’s the perfect pot to complement every room. And to make life easy, the pots have been sized to fit the most popular sizes of houseplants sold in garden centres, presenting plenty of opportunity for add-on sales.
The range includes unique hanging pots with a cool, contemporary feel, making it easy to get the latest look. There are also glazed pots in a range of gorgeous colours and styles, with beautiful textured designs and an on-trend artisan appearance. The terracotta pots have a cleverly ‘weathered’ effect, to bring a touch of country house style. Also in the range are quirky cactus vases; just the thing to add character to a unique indoor display.
It will also be the first Glee outing for the vibrant Brie Harrison for Burgon & Ball collection, an exciting new range of gifts for home and garden. Brie’s on-trend botanical designs feature Swiss cheese plants, cacti and hanging plants, and are chic, contemporary – and effortlessly stylish. The collection of gardening gifts includes a secateur and holster gift set; a trowel, snips and plant label gift set; a comfortable kneeler; gardening gloves; and twine in a tin. There’s also plenty for people who simply love gorgeous design around the home: an indoor watering can, a peg bag, a pencil case, a drinks tray, a storage tin, and a gorgeous umbrella to spread a little sunshine on rainy days.
In terms of tools, there’ll be an ingenious new idea for weeding on show. This clever new design takes the backache out of tackling those unwanted weeds in lawns, and is addictively satisfying to use – weeds watch out!
Autumn 2017 also sees a complete re-launch of the extremely popular Enamelwares collection, bringing it right up to date in terms of colours, materials and design, and introducing natural elements with FSC beech lids and leather handles. The Enamelwares collections sell extremely well both for self-purchase as well as for gifting, and the new designs cover a range of key price points. With products for both home and garden, the new arrivals combine contemporary design with the classic appeal of a tough, hardwearing finish. There’s something here for everyone!
Visitors to the Burgon & Ball stand will be able to discover affordable and eye-catching additions in the manufacturer’s stylish collaboration with designer Sophie Conran, including adorable new bird care products. The Sophie Conran collection of gorgeous garden tools and accessories has been hugely popular since its launch, and enjoys a near-cult following among keen female gardeners. New items both for home and for garden will be launched at Glee, allowing Sophie aficionadas to enjoy a little Conran style indoors and out.
Visit Burgon & Ball at Glee on Stand 19C26-E27 to see the full range of exciting new products on offer from this respected name in the gardening world.
The Oxford Shirt Company
Linen Shirts - The Oxford Shirt Company have just brought out a fantastic range of Men’s and Women’s linen shirts in a stunning range of colours, perfect for the summer and a brilliant fit for modern city styling as well as for the more casual country dresser. These shirts are 100% linen and come in a wide range of bold tasteful colours and are a fantastic addition to a summer wardrobe. The men’s shirts are available with either a button-down collar for a relaxed fit and the soft collar and tailored fit for those preferring a modern, slimmer cut. All the women’s linen shirts have a classic colour and are slightly tailored to make the shirt more elegantly fitted, but loose and comfortable. These shirts will brighten up any outfit and make you stand out. They are all machine washable and they are perfect for summer weather.
Liberty Print Shirts – The Oxford Shirt Company are also excited to offer their range of Liberty of London Fabric Shirts. These colourful and vibrant shirts are available for men and women and come in a wide variety of Liberty fabrics from bright and fresh summer designs to a stunning range of autumnal prints and are the perfect shirt, easy for every occasion. The Liberty shirts have a classic soft collar and are machine washable and can be worn with anything as the multitude of colours pop in turn depending on which colour you choose to wear them with. They are on the perfect canvas for liberty prints, Premium Cotton Tana Lawn fabric. This makes them not only durable and dazzlingly colourful but also breathable and comfortable to wear.
Discover Redeckers range of essential gardening brushes and more! Taking center stage at the show will be their Flower Pot Brush, Boot Scraper and Leaf Brush, as featured in The Sunday Times, the Leaf Brush is “Perfect for those gardeners who think they have everything”. The Leaf Brush has a tong-like system, with soft goat’s-hair bristles that will sweep away the dust on your houseplants.
Their range of artisan-made brushes are all hand-crafted using the finest natural materials, meaning that every brush has purpose, style and is of the highest quality. Not only will Redecker be bringing their home and gardening brushes but they will also be exhibiting their beauty range which encompasses all aspects of grooming for men and women, including brushes for cosmetics and beard brushes. They’ve also got your wardrobe covered, with over 70 brushes for clothes, hats and shoes. There’s even something for your four-legged friend, as well as a range of children’s brushes so your little ones can garden and cook alongside you - there’s truly something for everyone.
SmartPlantTM is the award-winning platform that makes looking after plants of any description simple and easy. Through plant identfications, live expert chat and a detailed regionalised Care Calendar, SmartPlant’sTM 70 global experts allow this platform to take care of all the horticultural needs of its largely inexperienced millennial audience. With over 300,000 downloads, over 7,000 transacted subscription payments and over 300,000 plant pictures submitted, SmartPlantTM is transforming the way in which people interact with their plants.
- Chat with your local experts
- Monthly care reminders for Your Garden
- Take a photo to identify a plant, pest or disease
- Scan the barcode of your plant to activate
SMARTPLANT RETAILER BENEFITS
Care notifications are sent out twice a month direct to users phones accompanied by product recommendations linking customers back to their original retailer, giving retailers
24 contact points a year with their customers they didn’t previously have.
SmartPlant technology helps retailers:
- Create trackable year-round customers
- Reduce their plant related customer service • Increase customer loyalty
- Add new customers to retail locations
- Provide detailed analytics on their customers
Ultimately SmartPlant helps retailers sell more!
Easy access to horticultural knowledge is a difficult area and now, for the first time, there is an App that completely takes care of all the horticultural needs of its audience. Gardening is now on a smartphone “in your hand & in your pocket.”
It has joined the sphere of taxis, takeaways, music,dating & property. The 5* ratings on the App Store are very high with consumers interactively using & sharing this service.
SMARTPLANT RETAIL PARTNERSHIPS
SmartPlant technology enables anyone to scan a plant’s barcode and receive free monthly care advice for their new plant, pairing them with their most beloved plant retailer and giving them SmartPlant premium membership for free.
Once uploaded into their ‘digital garden’, plants reach out to their owners every month and tell them exactly what they need to thrive. Customers also receive unlimited plant & pest identifications, unlimited chats with experts and monthly care advice for the rest of the plants in their garden.
SmartPlant now has 5 retail partners in the UK and the USA including the likes of the Telegraph, The Palace Gardener and Orchard Supply Hardware (over 100 retail locations in California alone). We have gathered some astonishing data and proven SmartPlant technology’s ability to help retailers reduce customer service & improve customer loyalty.
o Scans to date: 28,000
o Conversions to free trial: 62%
o Monthly Product Impressions: 100,026
o Click Through Rate: 1.24%
o Additional plants added by SmartPlant users: 6.4
- Enjoy a 360° Virtual tour in Nursery De Waele – Wilwoodii from Belgium stand 20H30
Nursery De Waele-Wilwoodii is a well-known nursery in Belgium with already 90 years of experience in growing plants. We are specialised in Camellia, Rhododendron, Pieris, Japanese azalea, Cupressus ‘Goldcrest Wilma’ and Chamaecyparis ‘Ellwoodii’. Last 5 years we have invested a lot in new infrastructure and ecological and sustainable growing.
Because of the limited space on exhibitions, we have experienced some difficulties in showing potential clients who we are and we do. We want to show and tell them the story behind the few plants we have in our stand. So, we came up with the idea to develop a marketing tool to use especially on the exhibitions we attend. It became the project ‘360° Virtual Tour’. This tool allows (potential) clients to visit our nursery virtually in 360° by using VR-glasses. People get some more information about our products, about the way we work and our strengths, just by watching the ‘highlights’ during the virtual tour. Once visitors have experienced the virtual tour, it is far easier to tell the story behind the company!
It is also possible to make the virtual tour on our website www.dewaele-wilwoodii.be . But to have a full experience, it is better to make it with the VR-glasses on our stand!
- POUF DOGGY DOG BEDS – NEW RANGE FOR 2018
When they’re not busy ambushing the postman, or excavating the neighbour’s prize roses, our beloved canine companions spend a great deal of their time in the land of nod. An average of 12-14 hours per day in fact, so that’s why we’ve created a bag just for your pampered pooch. But why is it round, we hear you ask. Well, dogs are always chasing their tails and you may have noticed, before lying down dogs often circle their beds, so the shape was a natural choice. Compliments the existing range of faux leather based beds with coloured tops. The Pouf Doggy bean bag is incredibly comfortable, easy to clean and, when it comes to pedigree is most definitely ‘Best in Show’.
• Comes in 55cm, 75cm or 95cm diameter sizes
• Large size suitable for most big dogs
• Top made from sumptuous faux fur, Base Material – 420D polyester with waterproof PVC backing
• Convenient zip to zip filling system
- News Brands and New Products from SBM Life Science on Show at GLEE
Stand number: Hall 18 N51
SBM Life Science, responsible for Baby Bio®, Phostrogen®, Provado® and Toprose, is bringing its new business strategy – New Time, New Way – to life at Glee with the launch of new brands and new products.
Darren Brown, Head of SBM Life Science Limited, explained: “Our new strategy reflects the very different approach we are now taking in the market. Encompassing changes and trends in the garden care sector, we are investing to provide gardeners with effective and trusted solutions that are well balanced and ‘In Tune with Nature’.
“We are excited about our first visit to Glee as SBM Life Science and the opportunity it presents for unveiling our great new brands and the results of the investment we have made in our existing market leading brands, Baby Bio®, Phostrogen®, Toprose and Provado®.”
Predicting regulatory changes and recognising the growing trends in the sector, SBM Life Science is tapping into its strong European track record in natural solutions to unveil a new brand of effective natural solutions at Glee.
Effective solutions to the challenge of weeds – whether in patios and paths or invasive, deep rooted weeds like brambles and nettles – are always needed to get the job done. Building on its strong track record of efficacious products for a wide range of weeds in all areas of the garden, SBM Life Science is launching an exciting new weedkiller brand at Glee.
Recognising the passion for roses amongst gardeners in the UK, SBM Life Science is adding to its hugely successful brand, Toprose, with the introduction of new rose care products. It is also adding to its Baby Bio® orchid care range.
Finally, visitors to the SBM Life Science stand can view the existing ranges and products and find out about the promotional support the company is putting behind its brands and products in 2018.
SBM Life Science is committed to establishing the company as a true global leader in the Home and Garden Sector and has invested accordingly.
Phostrogen and Baby Bio are registered trademarks of SBM Life Science.
Provado is a registered trademark of Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH.
- Evergreen Horticulture is delighted to announce they will be exhibiting at Glee 2017 for the first time since 2008 at stand no. 20Q02. The industry’s best kept secret will be taking the opportunity to showcase their range of superior retail growing media products.
This energetic family-run business now in its third generation, has been harvesting and manufacturing peat and compost products for almost 60 years, having firmly established themselves as a reputable horticultural manufacturer of exclusive growing media products & specialist mix substrates. Located in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, Evergreen commenced trading as a small family business back in the 1950's manufacturing baled peat for the grower market in the U.K. and Ireland. Harvested from their own 250 acres of Irish Peat Bogs, Sphagnum Moss Peat is used exclusively as the base line in all their products, with no recycled materials.
Today quality continues to be pinnacle to the Evergreen ethos and they remain a dynamic, family-run business, perfecting their craft and making every effort to continually add value and enhance their extensive range of growing media, from retail products to crop specific substrates, ensuring optimum growing results are achieved from the hobby gardener to the commercial grower. They now have an extensive customer base throughout the U.K., Ireland and abroad comprising of reputable Garden Centre’s, Commercial Growers, Retail Nurseries, Professional Landscaping Services, DIY & Hardware Stores, Local Councils & Farm-shops.
For Evergreen, quality is not only a promise, it’s a genuine performance and remains the driving force behind their family business in terms of exceptional products, competitive retail prices, service and delivery. The strength of the Evergreen brand is now a key factor in distinguishing Evergreen products from that of other competitors, hence why Evergreen remains to be one of the leading manufacturers of retail growing media products in today's market.
If you are a retailer visiting Glee and on the look-out for unique, consistent & reliable growing media products which differ to what is currently available on the market then why not visit Evergreen on stand no. 20Q02.