For over 40 years, Clover Peat has produced quality growing medium. The family owned business has its own peat reserve in Northern Ireland which means it has full control over this naturally recurring raw material.
Focus and Challenges
Clover Peat focuses on the SME sector, and attracts like-minded independent retailers and garden centres. Mutual respect and understanding of each other’s businesses has enabled Clover Peat to build an increasing, loyal customer base.
Bespoke customer requests has seen Clover Peat’s product portfolio grow, thus opening up new opportunities to supply a wider range of companies. The product portfolio has grown through customer requests and this has opened up new opportunities to supply a wider range of companies. Clover Peat last tried Glee 15 years ago and decided that the time was right to exhibit at the show again.
“We believe in the personal touch, in meeting customers face-to-face. It’s always the best way and by exhibiting at Glee we met many customers and made valuable new contacts.”
The objective: Build new contacts and opportunities and learn about market trends
The Glee solution
The decision by Clover Peat to exhibit was influenced by the support from Glee. Working closely together, the team was able to bring together a stand that did the company’s product portfolio justice and would build awareness of their presence at the show.
A cross-section of small product samples was presented on the stand together with eye-catching pictures of the bags and the operations in Northern Ireland. Clover Peat used the show website to build awareness that it was exhibiting at Glee and a brochure was produced as a take-away for stand visitors.
Benefits of exhibiting
Clover Peat achieved far more than expected by exhibiting at Glee and immediately re-booked for 2017.
Make new contacts
- Opportunity to meet customers and prospects face-to-face
- Identify how Clover Peat products give customers a competitive edge
Highlight product quality
- Showcase the consistent high quality throughout the extensive product portfolio
- Reinforce buyer confidence in the Clover Peat brand, people and service
Identify market trends
- Gain valuable feedback on changes in customer demand
- Exchange knowledge and insight with competitors and industry analysts
“Exhibiting at Glee was a great way to continue to build our brand.”
National Sales Manager
- 6 leads that have converted into appointments
- Greater insight into customer purchasing trends
- Significant number of new contacts made at the show
To learn more about Glee, visit www.gleebirmingham.com
For more information about Clover Peat, visit www.cloverpeat.co.uk