Safe & Secure
Connecting our customers and communities safely
Your health, safety and comfort has been, and continues to be, our number one priority. As our industry moves forward, we are dedicated to delivering events and facilitating trade with health and safety at the top of the agenda.
In light of this, we have developed Safe & Secure standards. Working at the forefront with industry organisations such as AEO (Association of Event Organisers) in order to establish the relevant guidance which has been approved by UK government.
Safe & Secure is an evolution of our already market-leading health and safety measures. Please also look out for our Safe & Secure stamp. Wherever you see this logo digitally or onsite it confirms that we have ensured the highest health and safety standards across the event.
If you are an exhibitor, please click here to access our extended guide with information on build-up, break-down & stand design.
Hear from Ian Solomon, about what we have been doing across our UK events over the last year to ensure everything we do adheres to our Safe & Secure standards.
Watch this video to learn about the steps we are taking to ensure Glee are run in a safe and secure way, and also learn a little more about what we have in store for you, and how you can make the most of the show.
Before the event
Awareness & Communication
- The venue website, social media and emails will supply you with up to date information regarding guidelines in place at the show.
- Please check your government advice for guidance on travelling overseas before entering the country.
- Using the floor plan, exhibitor list and Glee Connect app, plan your time at the event and try to book meetings in advance.
- Please ensure you register and print your badge before attending the event – this is crucial, as we have implemented a reduced-contact registration system so there will be very limited opportunity to do this onsite.
- Please pay careful attention to all communications sent out from the Glee show team regarding the registration process as there will be specific instruction for each individual show.
- You or your staff should not attend the event if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms
At the event
Cleaning and Personal Hygiene
- Please carry your own hand sanitiser and apply when you enter and leave exhibitor stands, features and theatres. We will have a limited supply available on-site in high traffic areas.
- In accordance with current UK regulations, it is compulsory to wear face masks within UK exhibition and conference venues, this is upon entry to the NEC. We request you bring your own facemask.
- We have asked exhibitors to ensure a deeper clean before, during and after the show opens each day; paying particular attention to high traffic touchpoints and consider visible cleaning logs.
- Along with the NEC, we are conducting a thorough, enhanced, cleaning regime of all public areas and features prior to show opening and during show open periods.
- We are trying to make all gangways 3m wide with two-way systems. There may be some gangways with one-way systems where this is not possible. Please follow the signage and be aware of those around you.
- When walking around the event, we ask you to please keep to the left of any gangway to minimise paths crossing.
- We are implementing a no handshake policy. Please refrain from this or sharing business cards with one another.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to use data capture devices, to ensure contact-free sharing of business details.
- Social distancing measures should be followed for any meetings, product demonstrations, entertainment or stand hospitality events.
- We have asked exhibitors to remove giveaways and consider sending brochures electronically.
- Consider arranging meetings in advance at less busy times. A well timed and spread out schedule should include enhanced protective measures for meetings over 15 minutes.
Event and Venue Facilities
- At the NEC no cash will be taken at catering outlets and cloakrooms so all customers will need to have contactless payment methods available.
- Seating & meeting areas will be spaced out to maintain social distancing.
- Please ensure you arrive for any sessions in plenty of time to facilitate socially distanced access. Theatres will be cleaned between each session and will have strict seating capacities.
- Cloakrooms will operate but please only bring what is required. Coats will be deposited into a bag prior to being held in the cloakroom. During COVID19 a no bag policy will be in place.
- Please visit the venue website to view their specific COVID-19 measures.
After the event
Track & Trace
We are confident the measures that we, the venue and the exhibitors will be putting in place will make our event as safe as possible. Please ensure you give accurate information throughout the registration process.
The relevant local authorities will contact you if there’s a need to update you regarding track and trace.